Thursday 13 October 2016

Begonias for the Bees

It was Enviro Day today! We begun our morning by planting begonias and dianthus for the bees, in the sculpture garden.

We talked about the patterns we could make with 3 begonias and 9 dianthus. As they were both multiples of 3 we decided on a D, D, D, B pattern. Our diggers had to preserve to get through the stoney soil. Also we could split the 12 plants into two groups of six.

Dylan said, "I liked planting because everyone got to join in and do someting. I liked getting my hands dirty."

Samantha remarked, "I liked how everyone participated and no one ws left out."

Jake, Matthew & Reagan are going to water the plants every day We worked out that 3 water monitors watering 12 plants will water 4 plants each.





5 comments:

  1. Wow wasn't that an amazing day.a I had lots of fun with are buddies, I planted cauliflower what did you plant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that was loads of fun planting the plants? we did a pattern with the plants it went d,d,d,b, I wish we could rea-do that day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! We did loads of planting! I enjoyed watering the plants. Anyway that was a great day. I hope we can plant again with Mrs Daniel. Can you remember the plants' name?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved planting the begonias because it will attract the bees and it was really fun. I also enjoyed eating a pea pod. I left mine in my lunch box until home time and ate it. It was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was very fun with Mrs Daniel because it was Enviro Day! First, we planted some begonias and dianthus near our Enviro Sculpture. (I got to dig a hole for the plants to go in!) Then, we went to the edible gardens and Mrs Daniel got us some pea pods to eat at morning tea. Yum! Finally, we went back down to the edible gardens to plant some Bee's Borridge (to attract the bees) and some tomato plants but first we had to take the weeds out! I got to dig a hole and put in one of the tomato plants. I also got a job that everyday I had to water that plant! Wow! I think we are amazing Room 18 Gardeners!

    ReplyDelete